Soft Boiled Egg Avocado Toast
Based on all your comments on my stories, I think this will be a crowd pleaser... Crusty whole grain bread with Farmers Cheese, ripened Hass avocado, alfalfa sprouts and a soft boil egg. Finished with a drizzle of evoo and coarse salt.
There are no quantities here since you can add as much or as little as you want of each ingredient to each slice of bread.
• Whole grain bread cut in slices and toasted
• Farmers cheese*
• Hass avocado, ripened
• Eggs, one per toast
• Alfalfa sprouts
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Black pepper
• Coarse salt like Maldon
*Farmers Cheese: is a happy medium between yogurt and ricotta. It has the creaminess of ricotta with less calories and the tanginess of yogurt. If you can’t find it, simply use some low fat ricotta.
SOFT BOILED EGG
1. Place the eggs in a pot filled with room temperature water.
2. Bring to a boil for one minute and then turn off.
3. Leave the eggs inside the hot water for six minutes. The yolks will be runny in this case. If you want them a bit firmer, simply leave them in the boiling water for an extra minute or two and again those six minutes with the heat off.
1. Make sure your slices of bread are nicely toasted and cooled completely
2. Spread the farmers cheese all over the surface of the toast
3. Top with slices of the avocado and alfalfa sprouts on top. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
4. Finish with the soft-boiled egg on top