Is a traditional crumbly cake (cookie) from the region of Lombardia, Italy. It is very simple to make and incredibly delicious.
• 200g. All purpose flour
• 150g. Almond flour
• 18g. Cornstarch
• 125g. Sugar
• 150g. Butter
• 8g. Vanilla paste or extract
• 3g. Salt
1. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Check the video for consistency.
2. Then add your dry ingredients and mix. Stop half way to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
3. Stop mixing once it has come together but still crumbly like on the video.
4. Butter the sides and bottom of a 10” pan and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
5. Press down half of the mix on the bottom of the pan and leave the rest crumbled up on top.
6. Score how you’d like to cut it while it’s still raw. It will help you later. Decorate with almonds and put in the fridge for about one hour.
7. Bake at 350F for about 20-25 min or until it looks like on the first photo.
8. Eat with a coffee, a sweet wine or even with ice cream!