Potato Salad Bavarian Style
Potato salads in Bavaria are served as the bottom layer of your greens and veggies salad. They are usually never stand alone, although you could of course serve it like this. Their style of potato salad is healthier than most since they use yogurt instead of mayonnaise and my recipe has bursts of different flavors from the acidity of the lemon, caraway seeds and dill.
Yield: 2-3 people
• 6 medium Yukon or Russet potatoes
• 1 ½ cups plain Greek Yogurt*
• 2 T Dijon mustard
• 2 T lemon juice or white vinegar
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 2 T vegetable broth or water
• 1 ½ T chopped dill
• 1 T caraway seeds
• Salt and pepper (black or white) to taste
• Pumpkin oil to drizzle on top
• Lettuce, tomatoes, grated carrots and pickles to serve
Greek Yogurt*: Even though you can make it with a 0% fat yogurt, I think it is best to make it with at least 2% fat or whole fat for creamier results.