• About 100g/person of Orecchiette pasta (or any short pasta)
• About 1/3 cup/person of Peas (fresh, frozen or microwaveable)
• 1/4 cup chopped Yellow onion
• ¼ cup chopped Scallions
• 2 cloves Garlic
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• Ricotta salata and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or any cheese you have
• Lemon zest
1. Sauté the onions and scallions with some evoo and the whole garlic cloves until they are golden. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Start the cooking process of the peas for 2 minutes in the microwave.
3. Add the peas to the pan and start sautéing. You could also add ham or prosciutto right before the peas.
4. Boil your pasta in abundant salted water for 3 minutes LESS than what your package says.
5. Make sure you reserve some of the cooking water.
6. Drain your pasta and add to the pan.
7. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
8. Grate the two cheeses on top of the pasta and the lemon zest. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.