Tea time anyone? I absolutely love a good pound or loaf cake, especially with a hint of citrus. This one though is full of orange flavor from the addition of orange juice & zest!
• 440g Butter, unsalted
• 500g Sugar
• 550f Eggs
• 2 Salt
• 2 T Orange zest
• 60g = ¼ cup Orange juice
• 12g = 2tsp Vanilla extract
• 562g All Purpose Flour, unbleached
• 62g Cornstarch
• 10g Baking powder
• 312g Sour cream, full fat
• 100g Whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2. Butter a bundt pan or add some cooking spray inside to prevent the cake form sticking.
3. Mix the butter with the sugar until pale in color, about 5 minutes
4. Add the eggs, the salt, vanilla and orange zest just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch and baking powder.
6. In a little pitcher or container combine the sour cream and milk.
7. Add half of the flour and begin to mix, in the meantime, add half of the milk-sour cream mixture. Mix just until incorporated and scrape down the side and bottom of the bowl.
8. Add the last two halves of the flour and milk mixtures and mix until incorporated.
9. Finish with the orange juice. Scrape down the sides and bottom again and give it another quick mix.
10. Fill the bundt cake pan with the batter and place in the oven to bake for about one hour.
11. The cake will be ready when you see it separated a little bit from the sides and a long toothpick comes out clean from the center.
12. Place the cake pan on top of a cooling rack and cool completely, about one hour or more.
13. Unmold onto a serving plate and dust with powder sugar.
Enjoy with some tea or coffee as a breakfast treat or delicious afternoon snack!