Crostini with Dark Chocolate, Maldon salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
This is another of my “Hotel Room Dishes”, a surprising combination of melted dark chocolate, Maldon salt and extra virgin olive oil. It is super quick, simple, and a delicious and refined little bite for any cocktail party, a nightcap accompaniment…or a hotel room bite.
• Good quality dark chocolate (at least 65%)
• Maldon salt (or your favorite salt)
• Good quality extra virgin olive oil
• Toasted baguette slices or your favorite toasted bread or cracker
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 20 seconds at a time, mixing every time to prevent it from burning.
2. Mix until it is super smooth.
3. Spread over your toasts.
4. Sprinkle with a bit of Maldon salt.
5. Drizzle with evoo.
6. Make sure you don’t wait too long to eat it, otherwise the chocolate will begin to crystallize or harden.