Roast Beef and arugula salad with pickled shallots and creamy anchovy dressing
Fresh, crunchy, creamy, tangy and deliciously satisfying, this salad is the second recipe from my Hotel Room Dishes series which means it is super easy to make and needs no equipment at all!
Yield: 1 person
• 4oz roast beef
• 2.5oz = 71g = ½ bag Arugula salad
• ¼ cup = 2oz = 57g Snow peas, chopped on a bias
• 1 small Shallot, sliced finely
• 3 T. Champagne vinegar
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Maldon salt (or any salt you like)
• Ground black pepper
• 1 tsp Anchovy paste
• 2 T. Full fat or 2% Greek yogurt
• 1 T. Dijon mustard
• ½ T. Capers
• ½ tsp Maldon salt (or any salt you like)
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing and mix them well with a spoon or whisk.
2. Cut the roast beef into strips and mix with the dressing until it is all well coated.
1. Slice the shallots very finely and place them in a container with the champagne vinegar. Let them pickle for at least 10 minutes but the longer they stay the better they get.
2. In a bowl or deep plate, place the arugula on the bottom and then the snow peas. Drizzle a bit of evoo and season with salt and pepper.
3. Then add the pickled shallots on top.
4. Finally top everything with the roast beef strips coated in the dressing.